Will Roe Versus Wade Impact Migration Trends?
To add to all the change that a going on, we yet have another variable to keep sight of.
What forward projected impacts do you think the Roe vs Wade legislation could bring?
Despite all the changes with transitions to new energy, inflation, lack of housing and stock market bottoms, we now have another component that could have large effects on emerging markets.
Yes, Roe vs Wade has an effect desired location of employment.
Today, we will cover a group of components that could have affects on markets.
Roe Vs Wade
Roe vs Wade isn’t just another news topic. It has a major affect on peoples’ lives.
- Originally, Roe v. Wade, 410 U.S. 113 (1973), was a landmark decision of the U.S. Supreme Court in which the Court ruled that the Constitution of the United States conferred the right to choose having an abortion.
- On June 24, 2022 The U.S. Supreme Court overturned the constitutional right to an abortion. Now each state has the power to determine how, where, and why someone can get a legal abortion, if at all.
As a byproduct of this, company health care plans will be affected based upon your state of residence.
See the map below of each state’s status on abortion.
States Where Abortion is Now Banned – See Where Laws Have Changed
The overturning of Roe vs Wade, where it now grants each individual state power over its’ procedures, will have a large effect on where people will want to live.
These freedoms that have been enabled since 1973, is a sudden and unexpected impact.
While the impact of this new change is upon us, it also makes sense to review the statistics on the amount of abortions by state.
See the statistical abortions by state chart below and visit here to see the interactive map .
- NY, NJ & MD have the highest rates, but does not have abortion bans.
- Some states in the Midwest, like OH and many states in the south, show higher rates. Many having abortion bans.
- However, Florida and North Carolina who have been popular states for people relocating, does not have the ban. Virginia is another honorable mention.
Although many companies have already settled into Texas, curiosity only allows us to speculate forward planning on company movement.
- Will companies who desire to relocate their west coast presence, now look to Nevada, New Mexico and Colorado, more now?
- See our article Population Trends: Path of Travel for more insight on where migration has been occurring up through 2020.
With Texas being a highly desired location due to new employment and emergence, it will be interesting to see how these abortion bans affect desire.
Texas has an abortion rate of 9.4% according to the sited data here.
It only makes sense to consider the expense of an abortion if health care plans no longer cover this procedure.
- Abortion Pill Cost: $535. The average cost of a medical abortion (abortion pill up to 10 weeks) is $535 but could be $1,600 or higher depending on the state or provider.
- Suction Abortion Cost: $508. The average cost for an early suction abortion (5 to 12 weeks) is $508 but could be as high as $955.
- D&E Abortion Cost: $500. The cost of a D & E abortion (9-20 weeks) is between $500 to $3,000 or more.
- Late Abortion Cost: $8,000. Late abortion (16-24 weeks) costs are between $8,000 to $15,000.
It is evident that there are many variables to consider with this sudden change.
Not only will people be forced to consider where they choose to reside, but they may also be affected by not being able to afford the abortion procedure.
These are all important factors to review and both will have proportional impacts on our economy.
We all know there are other impacts our economy is also facing.
So, let’s review a few other topics.
Inflation, Unemployment & New Jobs
With the current bottlenecks in supply chain and the FED increasing rates, inflation is estimated to be present for a while.
Hopefully, we also will see minimal forward impacts from COVID 19.
- As of late, Shanghai has a new report via Bloomberg.com.
Any COIVD outbreaks, and particularly lockdowns, will have a large effect on our ability to recover from a supply standpoint. Supply is the primary component affecting inflation.
- We know that global supply chain affects us all, when any country we conduct commerce with, is affected by lockdowns or a decrease in productivity.
Of course, inflation affects the cost of living.
We can only expect that people will review the cost to living where they’d consider relocating to.
Inflation and the CPI (Consumer Price Index) by location, will play a key role in population increases and decreases.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, inflation was reported the highest amongst Denver, Los Angeles, Houston and Boston. See the data here.
The next topic to consider is to evaluate a states’ current strength or weakness of unemployment levels.
It is important to keep track of how unemployment is trending by location.
Earning reports will be key indicators to monitor.
- 2022 second quarter reports will be a key indicators being that it captures the full 2 year anniversary of COVID-19 effects.
Most companies project budgets 1-2 years ahead.
Key earnings will be reported this week (7/10/22) from many major banking institutions as well.
– New Employment
New employment, or the creation of jobs is also an important component to monitor.
See States with Highest Rates of New Employment.
- New Jersey – Atlantic City shows up to 12.5% increases.
- Texas – some locations with up to 7.7% increases.
- Florida – some locations with up to 7.3% increases.
See the chart below courtesy of U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
As we can see, there are many components affects where and how our economy may see movement.
Based upon today’s data, we project more proportional population increases will occur in Florida, North Carolina, Virginia and Colorado.
This doesn’t change the fact that many other states will continue to grow like Utah, Texas, Arizona and many others. However, we do believe both corporate and individual impacts are forthcoming.
Thanks for joining us today faithful readers – future leaders.
We wish you continued success in your growth.
Love ya and keep striving for growth.
Please share your thoughts on forward progression based upon today’s article.
Get our FREE Deal Analysis for Rental Property Calculator!
Plenty of great tools for your investing journey!
Our mission is to help others develop using our knowledge. We love helping people!
We cater to those looking to grow professionally and educate themselves in real estate and stock market investing.
Need Investing Tools?
For your real estate and budgeting needs.
Make the Best of Your Home Buying Experience Now!
Best preparation tool available for home buyers!